Our highly qualified and certified surf teachers will show you how to surf, step by step, and in a safe learning environment. Moreover, our lessons are designed for all levels of surfers and for all physical conditions. Our teachers will give their best to individually improve your skills while having fun in the waves and falling in love with surfing. Find more information below.
Click here or chat with us for more info.
Two different spots where you can rent your surf equipment
- Safety rules
- Surf board composition
- How to safely handle the board in white waters
- How to place your body, lie and sit on the surf board
- How to paddle in order to catch your waves
- The position on the line up
- How to properly take-off (stand up) on the board
- Timing to take-off
We will also teach you techniques to reach the point break with ease; This is the most important part of the learning process, as you will have to merge these first steps and develop your surfing skills in order to grow in this sport;
The most relevant point is reading the ocean and respecting it; it’s the only way you can safely enjoy and, as they say, “ride the wave and fly on the champagne”.
- How to take the drop in green waves and descend to the base of the wave. The most important maneuver you have to perform is the bottom turn, (turn sideways on the base of the wave). Only when you are capable to do this, you’ll be able to do other maneuvers, such as off-the-lip, cutback, floater, etc.
- We will teach you how a surfboard is made, and its potentialities.
- We will also help you to choose the right surfboard, appropriate for this stage, according to your weight, height and capabilities in order to increase your performance.
At this level you will be able to:
- Improve your technique performance in paddling, seating and catching the wave
- Reading and understanding the sea conditions
- Priority rules in the water
- Hydrodynamic surfboard functionalities
- Surfing different types of waves
- Bottom turn positioning
- How to take-off (stand up) on the board
- Feel the essence of surfing and further your surfing skills
- Surf board composition
- How to handle the board in the water to know in wich part of the wave the speed needs to be generated
- How to adjust your surf to wave characteristics on beach breaks or reef breaks
Your performance will reside on the ability to generate velocity.
Once you’ve developed your “speed-gaining” skills, you’ll learn manoeuvres such as the floater, the off-the-lip, the cutback, snap manoeuvres, barrelling, air movements… All of these will enable you to “hit” the wave. To perform certain manoeuvres, like overtaking a section that is closing out, or riding above or inside a wave, you’ll have to learn how to surf the wave’s pocket(where the wave is very strong and generates the most velocity). This demands a lot of practice and perseverance. For that reason, we frequently monitor you with video recording, for reviewing and correcting mistakes (or the posture of a student/surfer).
We work together with surfboard manufacturers who have many years of experience in this field and can also help to select the most appropriate board for you.